Thu 10/29 All day
In these exceptional times, and continuing our series “Exploring Justice Through Beauty”, we are calling on Artists for submissions to our next Art Show:
Just, Diverse, United – The Destiny of America
“Let this American democracy become glorious in spiritual degrees even as it has aspired to material degrees… Confirm this revered nation to upraise the standard of the oneness of humanity, to promulgate the Most Great Peace, to become thereby most glorious and praiseworthy among all the nations of the world.”‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Prayer for America
Green Acre has been engaged in efforts to advance our collective understanding of current social justice issues affecting our society through the arts. We had a tremendous response from our previous show, “Pupil of the Eye,” and as a continuum of this exploration, our next art show will carry forward the conversation on race relations and how we can discover the new possibilities of this moment.
The Universal House of Justice, the international governing council of the Baha’i Faith, related the following statement to the Bahá’ís of the United States, regarding the current state of race relations in the nation:
“We ardently pray that the American people will grasp the possibilities of this moment to create a consequential reform of the social order that will free it from the pernicious effects of racial prejudice and will hasten the attainment of a just, diverse, and united society that can increasingly manifest the oneness of the human family.”22 July 2020, The Universal House of Justice
The role of the Arts is essential in giving hope and connecting our minds and hearts to a vision of the “Oneness of Humanity” and freedom from racial prejudice. We call upon you to create art that illuminates these visions of justice, diversity, and unity hoped for in our American society.
While the COVID-19 Pandemic has restricted our activities to an online presence, yet this has opened the possibilities for accepting video submissions for music, dance, poetry, etc., in addition to two and three dimensional pieces of art. We encourage artists in these mediums to add their vision to the show.
The art show “virtual” opening is Friday, December 4, 2020. The exhibit will be displayed on our website, www.greenacre.news, through February 13, 2021.
- Submit work for review by October 29, 2020
- Green Acre will review submissions and respond to artists by November 6, 2020
- Final Electronic File or Physical Piece(s) to be received at Green Acre by November 13, 2020
- Show will go through February 13, 2021
Guidelines For The Spirit Behind The Art Creation:
- Piece(s) should promote/represent the dignity of all human beings
- Piece(s) should be an expression of our unity
- Piece(s) should not discriminate or denigrate any individual, culture or group
Guidelines For Submitting Art:
- Can submit up to three (3) pieces
- Piece(s) must represent your understanding of the theme of the show
- Piece(s) must be original work
- Piece(s) can be of any media
- Artist’s Statement – a brief description of your piece and how it relates to the theme of the show
- Artist’s Bio – no longer than one (1) paragraph
We look forward to seeing your artistic expression of “Just, Diverse, United” and to continuing the conversation during the opening night, and beyond!
For any questions regarding the Art Show itself or submissions and set-up, please feel free to contact us at 207-743-7200 or email us at email@example.com.