Location & Directions
Green Acre is located five miles from historic Portsmouth, New Hampshire. You can find us off Route 103 in Eliot, Maine approximately three miles from US I-95.
Visitors to campus during daytime hours or those waiting to check in may walk campus grounds. When the campus is closed, please enjoy the grounds, but the buildings, including the Master’s Room for prayer and meditation, will not be accessible. Because Green Acre’s schedule varies, we ask visitors to contact us several days ahead of their visit for information about our hours.
Green Acre’s registration desk is located in Gregory Cottage at 61 Green Acre Drive, Eliot Maine 03903. If your online map does not recognize that address, please use 938 Main Street, Eliot Maine 03903, which will bring you to the building across the street from the main entrance to Green Acre; from there please come all the way down the driveway to the parking lot on the right.
Getting to Green Acre
Flights into Boston Logan Airport offer convenient, reasonably-priced shuttle buses every hour between the airport and the bus terminal in nearby Portsmouth, New Hampshire. From the bus terminal you will hire a taxi to bring you the rest of the way to Green Acre.
From Boston Logan airport to Portsmouth Bus Station: The 90-minute shuttle ride from Boston Logan begins immediately outside the baggage claim area (look for the “Scheduled Buses” sign). You can purchase tickets beforehand on-line at www.ridecj.com or in the Portsmouth bus terminal after arrival. Cost approximately $23 one-way, reservations are not necessary. From the Portsmouth bus terminal you will hire a taxi to bring you the rest of the way to Green Acre (see “Taxi Information” below).
From Manchester, New Hampshire airport to Green Acre: The only public transport from the Manchester Airport is by a car rentals, taxi or Uber. It is an approximately a 60 minute drive.
The airport at Portland, Maine is about one hour’s drive north of Green Acre. From there a car must be rented, as there is no bus service available.
Driving North from Massachusetts or East across New Hampshire
- Take I-95 North to Maine. There is a toll shortly after crossing the New Hampshire border.
- Cross the Piscataqua River Bridge into Maine and take the first exit on the RIGHT (Exit 1, Dennett Road) immediately over the bridge. At the end of the exit ramp, turn LEFT at the stop sign.
- Drive ¼ mile and take the first RIGHT onto Route 103, South Eliot Road.
- Follow Route 103 for about 3 miles to Green Acre. Turn left at the Green Acre sign onto Green Acre Drive and follow the drive down to the parking lot on the RIGHT. The Office is located in Gregory Cottage.
Driving South on I-95
- Continue to the southern end of Maine Turnpike at York Toll Booth.
- After the York Toll Booth, take Exit 2 for Eliot (small sign) and marked “South Berwick/Kittery/Route 236 (big sign). At the end of the ramp, turn LEFT at the stop sign and go North on Route 236.
- Drive approximately 3 miles to the traffic light and turn LEFT onto Beech Road (the Eliot commons shopping center will be at the left of the light).
- Follow Beech Road to end. Turn RIGHT and then take the next LEFT (between gas station and store) onto Moses Gerrish Farmer Road (Route 103 EAST).
- Continue about ½ mile down and around the curve, past the sign for Fellowship House, to the main campus of Green Acre. Turn right at the Green Acre sign onto Green Acre Drive and follow the drive down to the parking lot on the RIGHT. The registration desk is located in Gregory Cottage at 61 Green Acre Drive.
C&J bus lines offers hourly bus service from New York City, from downtown Boston, and from the “Scheduled Buses” stop outside baggage claim at each of Boston Logan’s terminals, to nearby Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Plan to take a taxi for the 7-mile ride to Green Acre from the C&J bus terminal in Portsmouth. (Consult the taxi recommendations below.)
Greyhound offers several daily buses to a sheltered stop in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, from many locations. See taxi information below to hire a taxi for the 5-mile trip from the Greyhound bus stop in Portsmouth to Green Acre.
The closest Amtrak station is 10 miles from Green Acre in Dover, N.H.. From there, a taxi will be required; please consult taxi information below.
From the Portsmouth Bus station located at 185 Grafton Road, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, to Green Acre: Market Square Taxi $25 flat rate (603) 205-1788. Rockingham Taxi (603) 501-0960 and Anchor Taxi (603) 436-1888, $30 flat rate. Door-to-door service from any airport to Green Acre for approximately $175.00 is available from any of these taxi companies or from Flightline Seacoast http://www.flightlineinc.com or phone (888) 942-5044.